THE NINE FIRST FRIDAYS:
At the core of The Message of The Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, is Charity/ Sacrificial Love. Since God made us for Himself, not for ourselves or for others, we are only truly at peace when we are close to God or in union with Him. Our Lord has inspired in many Saints a great devotion to His Most Sacred Heart. Our Lord appeared many times to Sainte Marguerite Marie Alacoque, in France, and gave her a program of devotion, which He desired that she propagate to others. In return for those, who practice this devotion, our Lord made many wonderful promises, which, of course, He will keep. Eventually, these many Promises were boiled down to the “Twelve Promises of the “Nine First Fridays”.
In order to fulfill the requirements for the Nine First Fridays and thus gain the wonderful benefits of doing so, one must be Catholic. Also, it is necessary to be in a state of grace/friendship with God, with no mortal sin on one’s soul. Then, one must receive Holy Communion on the First Friday of each month, for nine consecutive months, and, each time, one must offer this Holy Communion up to God in reparation for all sins committed against The Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. It is much easier to do this if one goes to daily Holy Mass, because the devil is very busy trying to make sure that those, who wish to make these First Fridays, have to overcome great obstacles to do so.
Now, as for the wonderful Promises, which one will receive through making the Nine First Fridays, here are some of them (“they” and “their” have been replaced by you/your):
- He will give you all of the graces necessary in your state of life.
- He will establish peace in your homes.
- He will comfort you in all of your afflictions.
- He will be your secure refuge during life, and above all, in death.
- He will bestow abundant blessings upon all of your undertakings.
- Sinners will find in His Heart the source and infinite Ocean of Mercy.
- Lukewarm souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
- He will bless every place in which an image of His Heart is exposed and honored.
- He will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those of you, who shall promote this devotion, shall have your names written in His Heart.
- In the excessive mercy of His Heart, His all-powerful Love will grant to all of you, who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months, the grace of final perseverance; you shall not die in His disgrace, nor without receiving your sacraments. His Divine Heart shall be your safe refuge in this last moment (when the devil sends all available demons to get you to doubt God’s Love and Mercy, to refuse to repent of your sins, and, thus, die without God). Taken from: http://www.fisheaters.com/sh.html.
Copyright and All Rights Reserved, The Holy Family House. Feast of our Mother of Grace, A.D. 2/7/2012 and on. Can be printed & distributed GRATIS, with attribution (copyright info). +A.M.D.G.